Category : HOME BUYING
Real Estate 101 For Police Officers & All Law Enforcement
You work hard to keep our communities and streets safe. Now, you’re ready to set down some roots. Home buying for police doesn’t need to be hard. When it’s time for a police officer to buy a home, Home for Cops is there to make buying a home for affordable. We are a nationwide network of real estate agents eager to show our gratitude for your service. When you buy or sell a home from one of our qualified Realtors, you’ll receive 25% of the real estate agent commission back as a rebate. Plus, we will donate $500 to a charity, nonprofit, or memorial fund of your choice.
Like many of our nation’s heroes, police officers are overworked and underpaid. That doesn’t exactly make purchasing a home easy. We want to make home buying for police officers easy – When you’re ready to buy, there are a few things you can do to make sure you’re ready.
- Get your finances in order. Law enforcement professionals can get special down payment assistance from a variety of sources, but it’s important to have your personal finances cleaned up as much as possible before you start this process. You may be able to purchase a home with little to no money down, but if you can save up a sizeable down payment, you’ll be much better off in the long run. Pay off your debts as much as possible to ensure your credit score stays within qualifying range.
- Find a knowledgeable and certified Realtor. Look for a Realtor who works with law enforcement professionals in your area. Contact us and we will get you connected with a real estate agent who can walk you through the process.
- Get pre-qualified. Once you’re connected with a real estate agent, it’s time to find a lender who can explain your financing options. Get a pre-approval letter from your lender as soon as you’re ready to start looking at homes. This way, you’re ready to make an offer when you find the right property.
- Know your financing options. Your lender should also be able to explain all your home financing opportunities to you in detail. Find out about hero loans, local home buying programs for law enforcement professionals, FHA loans, and conventional loans before deciding which option is best for you. There are dozens of home buying programs for law enforcement and other local heroes, so do your research!
Finding a Home for a Hero
Your schedule is hectic. Between patrolling the streets, responding to emergencies, maintaining order, or helping citizens in your community, your time is limited. We want to help you find a home quickly.
Here at Home for Cops, we understand that your time is valuable. We believe in providing excellent customer service to our nation’s heroes. An expert real estate agent will search available home listings, keeping in mind your wants and needs, and find homes that meet your specifications. Home buying for police does not need to be difficult.
Our partner agents will help you find the perfect home for your family. Once you find a home you love, your Realtor will help you make the strongest offer possible, based on several considerations:
- Comparable home prices in the same area.
- The competition from other buyers. If multiple want to purchase the same home, you could find yourself in the middle of a bidding war. Ask your Realtor if this is something you should expect.
- The amount of time the home has been on the market.
Real Estate Agents Thanking Our Law Enforcement Professionals
Congratulations! Your offer has been accepted, and now it’s time to head to the closing table. The escrow usually takes somewhere between 4-6 weeks to close on a real estate deal, so be patient as the process continues.
Our affiliated real estate agents are eager to help find homes for our heroes. Besides helping you find the best down payment assistance and loan rates for police officers, Homes for Cops Realtors do something even more incredible. At closing, you will receive 25% the real estate commission back from your agent.
- What does 25% of the real estate agent’s commission mean? On a $500,000 home purchase, your rebate could be as much as $3,750!
Why do our affiliated brokers agree to giving up such a large amount of their Realtor commission? Because they recognize your service and your sacrifice to keep our streets safe. You put your life on the line every day to keep our families safe. This is our way of offering our thanks.
- In addition to giving you a refund, we will also donate $500 to a memorial fund or charity of your choosing. It’s just one more way we are giving back to those who serve.
Want to Know More About Homes for Cops?
Of course, restrictions apply to the Homes for Cops program. It’s only offered in states where commission refunds are allowed by law. For a detailed explanation of the program, where it’s offered, and how you can benefit from a rebate for police officers and law enforcement personnel, check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Thank you for serving your community. Now, let us serve you. When you’re ready to buy a home, Homes for Cops can connect you with a real estate agent who appreciates your service and your sacrifice.